Extended Families Australia is celebrating 30 years of bringing the gift of friendship to children with disabilities and their families.
Why we exist:
- In today’s mobile world, support traditionally provided by extended family members is often limited or nonexistent.
- Children with disabilities need opportunities to fully participate in the life of the community.
- All children deserve to have someone special in their lives.
- Raising a child with special needs can be especially demanding and stressful.
- People can be rewarded and their lives enriched through volunteering.
Purchase tickets in the People's Choice Community Lottery 2013.
Major prizes include a brand new Hyundai Sante Fe Active 2.2 CRDi Auto or a $35,000 Shopping Spree at Harvey Norman!
There are over 200 prizes valued at over $370,000, for just $2 you could be a winner!
100% from our tickets sales comes back to support the work of Extended Families Australia. Purchase tickets online here. (Remember to choose Extended Families Australia as your nominated charity)
If you would like to help us sell tickets phone 93558848.
Extended Families Launches new Program
The Live Your Community Program provides flexible, volunteer based inclusion support for children with disabilities who experience barriers to participation in sport, recreation and leisure. This exciting new program, based on 3 years of development and pilot programs, is now funded recurrently by the Department of Human Services Innovative Respite program. The program commenced in June 2012 in selected areas in the North West, Eastern and Southern Regions.
Recruiting volunteers NOW!