Vươn Lên (VL) is a peer support program for young Vietnamese people with Autism offered by Vietnamese Families with Special Needs and Extended Families Australia with funding provided through the NDIS’ Information, Linkages and Capacity Building scheme.
VL offers fortnightly structured small group friendship meet ups for young people with Autism (ages 13-17 and 18-24 years) with the aim of supporting participants to improve their social connection, build on their interests and strengths, develop key life skills to boost confidence and motivation, and facilitate community and vocational inclusion.
Each group has a capacity of ten participants. The groups run fortnightly for 2 -3 hours in person or online during covid restrictions.
1. VL Springvale – Young Adults Group 17-24 years of age; Tuesday evenings fortnightly
2. VL Sunshine – Teens Group 13-17 years of age; Tuesday evenings fortnightly
3. VL Sunshine – Young Adults Group 18-24 years of age; Monday evenings fortnightly
4. VL Sunshine – Extra Supports Adults Group 17-24 years of age; fortnightly Tuesday evenings and fortnightly Saturdays
5. VL Parent Groups - Sunshine and Springvale; Tuesday evenings monthly
As we currently operate with a government grant, there are generally no costs to participating in the Vuon lên program.
If you are interested in participating the Vươn Lên (VL) peer support program, please read the brochure for more details and complete the Expression of Interest Form. If you have further questions, please contact one of the program’s Project Officers directly.
Vươn Lên Brochure (English)
Expression of interest form:
If you have any questions please contact:
Nghi Trinh - Vươn lên Peer Support Program Coordinator (English and Vietnamese Speaking)
email@example.com or 0416 173 484
Julia Klieber - Project Manager (English speaking)
Julia@extendedfamilies.org.au or 0451 665 057
Living with a disability can be difficult. We support people aged 0-30 and their families in Melbourne and the Mornington Peninsula to build friendships and connect with their community.Read More
Suite 1, 95 Bell Street
Coburg Victoria 3058