Work with Us
Join our Extended Family … and make a real and lasting difference for children and young adults with a disability and their family.
We are continuing to grow our range of inclusion support, support coordination and other services. Please refer below for current vacancies.
Note all staff require a current satisfactory Police Check, a current employee Working with Children Check and must satisfactorily pass the Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check.
Why work at Extended Families?
Here are a few of the reasons we think you might like to join us:
Support Coordinator (Melbourne Metero)
Support Coordinators help people with a disability and their families plan, connect to services, overcome barriers and achieve their goals. With growing demand for our services, we are seeking a Support Coordinator to join our Box Hill team.
- Experience in family case work or case management
- Qualification in Social Work or equivalent
- A holistic practice orientation and an understanding of the various issues that may impact on a family such as mental health, child protection, relationship and socio-economic issues
- Excellent communication, organisation, flexibility and empathy and ability to engage with families
- Strong administration and computer skills
- Ability to support children and young people with a disability and their families
- Culturally sensitive
- Skills and experienced in mental health support (preferred)
See our Position Description below for the full list of duties and selection criteria.
INCLUSION SUPPORT WORKERS (Melbourne Metro)
We are looking for motivated, professional and engaging people to support children and young adults with a disability.
If you are wanting to build on your planning, skill-building, positive behaviour support and motivational skills to support children and young adults achieve their life-skills goals, then we encourage you to apply. Experience is not necessary, rather the right attitude, willingness to learn, and an ability to be reflective in your practice.
This is a fantastic opportunity for students who are studying Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Social Work, Education, Youth Work, Speech Pathology or Health Science, to gain on-the-job work experience.
See the position description below for more information about this casual role.
Living with a disability can be difficult. We support people aged 0-30 and their families in Melbourne and the Mornington Peninsula to build friendships and connect with their community.Read More
Suite 1, 95 Bell Street
Coburg Victoria 3058